Materials Transfer Agreement Sample

ATMs are designed to protect the providing organization from potential liability and may even limit the use and subsequent dissemination of these documents. An MTA may also grant providers certain rights to the results of the research in which the material or information is to be used. For material that you have assigned to WARF, WARF, not UW-Madison, has the authority to share material by property. In these cases, the researcher must contact their contact at WARF or to coordinate the agreement on the distribution of the material to the recipient. WARF usually uses UBMTA for such transfers, and it can be a quick and easy process for everyone involved. Although the UBMTA and the simple letter of agreement are sufficient to transfer the vast majority of materials, some documents require special attention. The transfer of things like chemicals often requires more than just the letter of agreement. And UBMTA may not provide sufficient protection for sensitive materials such as stem cells. Finally, the single letter agreement and UBMTA were developed by the NIH and really target domestic transfers. As universities operate on the world stage, additional models for international transfers are needed. To facilitate the transfer of materials, UNH has established MTA guidelines. In general, UNH agrees to make available to other organizations documents in which it has a proprietary right when performing an ATM in order to ensure the conditional use of the material by the receiving party.

UNH will also facilitate the transfer of materiel from external organizations to UNH by taking over the institutional review, negotiation and coordination of all NMAs of external organizations. UnH faculty, staff and students are responsible for complying with the conditions of the MTA and for the safe use of the equipment. Contact the Environmental Health and Safety Board for information on how to process incoming and outgoing materials. Recognizing that it may be necessary to increase the protection of materials, the UBMTA provides additional conditions to protect the rights of the provider institution. This agreement is used for the transfer of biological material and requires both institutions to be signatories to the UBMTA framework agreement. Once the two institutions are signatories, this agreement on the transfer of material will be concluded by signing the execution letter for the transfer of specific material by both parties. This agreement may be used for the transfer of biological material if additional protective measures are required. The UBMTA is only for transfers between non-profit/academic organizations. For incoming MTAs (since the owner of the research material determines the conditions under which they wish to share the material with our university), the IP/IP department must obtain the proposed MTA from the owner of the research material. Tokyo Medical and Dental University (hereinafter referred to as the „SUPPLIER“) and the RECIPIENT (specified below) agree to the following terms and conditions with respect to the transfer of material from the Supplier to the Recipient. Materiel Transfer Agreements (MTAs) are contractual documents used for the acquisition of a variety of biological and research materials and, occasionally, data developed by not-for-profit organizations, governments and the private sector.

Often, these materials are a necessary part of a research project and are only available from a single source, often from industry. Industry may view its materials as important exclusive resources and may want to claim ownership of inventions made with these materials or restrict the publication of adverse results. When sharing research materials with other institutions, it is important to understand the context in which these research papers are shared. If our university`s research papers are shared with another entity that uses these materials for a research project of its own design in which our university is not intellectually or practically involved, then this transfer would most likely occur as an outgoing MTA. The term „collaboration“ can mean different things to different people. From the perspective of the Sponsored Program Office, collaboration occurs when we share our research papers with another entity and work together on a jointly developed project. The agreement chosen for the transfer of research material is selected on the basis of cooperation with the host institution as well as a variety of other factors. This internal application form must be completed by the HJF Scientist and emailed to Dr. Katie Lipka ( when research papers are sent to another institution or requested by another institution. Please complete all sections. If the Agreement is an unmodified version of any of the Agreement templates listed below, or if the Agreement is a generally accepted model by UW-Madison, e.B an Addgene order, RSP signs the agreement without further discussion and returns the signed agreement to the supplier. Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) deal with the exchange of research material between individuals in separate organizations and address, among other things, ownership, intellectual property, publications and liability related to research papers.

At UNH, we try to use the UBMTA (see below for further explanations) where possible to streamline the implementation of these agreements. Outbound MTA process. Principal investigators should use the Principal Investigator`s Checklist for Outgoing Material Transfer Agreements for Biological and Chemical Materials in the University`s Research Management System (RMS) ( to obtain authorization to submit documents to other institutions or facilities. .